- Freddie Mac: Homebuyers are resilient despite housing market challenges May 25, 2018Although homebuyers struggle with affordability and low supply, a healthy economy and strong consumer confidence are expected to lead to an increase of sales, according to Freddie Mac’s newly released monthly outlook for May.
- Zillow begins rollout of significant Premier Agent changes May 25, 2018Zillow previously disclosed that it would soon bring several significant changes to its Premier Agent program “over the next several months.” Now, reports have reached HousingWire that this rollout has begun.
- Newport Beach couple caught in real estate fraud scheme May 25, 2018A Newport Beach couple was charged with multiple felonies after authorities alleged they committed $59 million in real estate fraud. The couple now faces combined total of up to 80 years in jail.
- WSJ: Coastal Texas towns weigh pros and cons of mandatory storm proofing May 25, 2018In the wake of Harvey, Texas coastal towns are weighing the pros and cons of adopting insurance industry-approved building requirements. Lack of available insurance options, cost of building and the potential for increased storm frequency all factor into the decision making process for these municipalities.
- [Infograph] Military members most likely to utilize zero-down mortgages May 25, 2018It’s Memorial Day weekend! In memory of those who serve our country, the National Association of Realtors released an infographic which shows how the home buying preferences of service members and veterans differ from the rest of the population.
- Gay and lesbian Realtor group lobbied NAR to pull support of Congressman May 25, 2018A southern Californian congressman is in hot water after telling a group of homeowners they reserve the right to refuse selling their homes to gays and lesbians.
- ATTOM Data Solutions: Home sales to buyers with Chinese last names increased by more than 20% in 2017 May 25, 2018Homebuyers with last names of Chinese origin posted the biggest percent increase in homes bought in 2017, according to research from ATTOM Data Solutions.
- Existing home sales take a 2.5% tumble May 24, 2018The bulk of potential homebuyers cannot buy homes. That is the long and short of the issue. Existing home sales fell 2.5%, according to the National Association of Realtors' monthly report, and it doesn't look like things will change any time soon.
- Trelix unveils a closing services solution May 23, 2018Trelix, a provider of real estate, mortgage and technology services, announced the launch of a closing services solution that aims at helping mortgage lenders settle their loans. It will also provide a full suite of end-to-end fulfillment services for customers.
- New home sales slip 1.5%, inventory rises to a nine-year high May 23, 2018New home sales fell by 1.5% in April, but industry professionals seem unconcerned and predict a continued upward trend in new home sales going forward.