[contact-form-7 id=”3″ title=”Contact form 1″]
- NPR: Hospitals are joining the real estate business August 20, 2018Affordability continues to plague the housing industry, leaving some of the nation’s poorest communities struggling just to make ends meet. This is especially true for residents living in “high-risk” communities where poverty usually partners with inadequate housing, violence and sickness, and it's driving hospitals to join the real estate business.
- Judge tosses civil rights groups’ suit against HUD over delaying Obama fair housing effort August 20, 2018A federal judge late last week dismissed a legal challenge from three civil groups over the Trump administration’s move to delay and change a controversial Obama-era fair housing rule. The groups hoped to have the rule reinstated. But that won't be happening now.
- Bloomberg: Trump taking shots at the Fed, again August 20, 2018President Donald Trump is back at it, taking shots at Federal Reserve Bank Chair Jerome Powell. Bloomberg reports that according to the three people present at a fundraising event in the Hamptons, Trump complained to wealthy Republican donors at a fundraiser in the Hamptons that Powell was raising interest rates.
- The top 5 easiest markets to save for a down payment August 20, 2018Saving for a down payment is a real drag these days thanks to soaring home prices and high interest rates. But, according to RealEstate.com, there are a handful of U.S. metros where it doesn’t suck quite as much as the rest. RealEstate.com’s analysis factors in median household income among Millennials and their estimated annual household […]
- HUD launching push to get more landlords to accept housing vouchers August 20, 2018It’s apparently far too difficult for low-income households to use the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s housing voucher program to gain access to affordable housing and HUD is planning to do something about it. HUD announced Monday that it is launching a push to get more landlords to accept housing vouchers, citing two studies […]
- Joe Welu, CEO of Total Expert, to speak at engage.marketing August 20, 2018It’s an incredibly competitive market out there for real estate and mortgage professionals, and monitoring the activity of potential customers at the top of the funnel is essential for success. That's why we've invited Joe Welu, founder and CEO of Total Expert, to speak at our engage.marketing event on the topic of Leveraging a Marketing Automation Platform.
- MetLife and State Street shake hands to launch $2 billion CRE lending initiative August 20, 2018MetLife Investment Management, an institutional asset management platform for MetLife and State Street Corp. inked a multi-year agreement which will allow MetLife Investment Management and its affiliates to originate and service up to $2 billion in commercial mortgage loans for State Street and its affiliates.
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Facebook responds to HUD’s housing discrimination allegation August 20, 2018In case you missed it late Friday, HUD accused Facebook of allowing a modern, technologically enhanced form of redlining, wherein Facebook allows advertisers to use its mountains of data to target housing ads to very specific audiences. Here, the company responds. That, and more, in your Monday Morning Cup of Coffee.
- HUD accuses Facebook of enabling housing discrimination August 17, 2018Facebook allows landlords and property owners to discriminate against prospective renters and buyers based on their race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, disability, or other factors, HUD said Friday.
- Is housing becoming a buyer’s market? August 17, 2018The housing market has tilted sharply in favor of sellers over the past two years, but there are very early signs that the winds may be starting to shift ever-so-slightly. The latest data shows an increase in the number of homes with price cuts – but is it where buyers really need it?