[contact-form-7 id=”3″ title=”Contact form 1″]
- Yardi: Rent prices fall for second month in a row November 16, 2018Rent prices fell by just a dollar in October, marking a decrease in prices for the second month in a row, according to new data from Yardi Matrix. Is the colder weather to blame for the dip in prices?
- News Corp names new president of global digital real estate November 16, 2018News Corp, parent company of Move and operator for Realtor.com, recently announced that Tracey Fellows has been appointed as the president of global digital real estate. Beginning in January 2019, Fellows will be based at News Corp’s New York headquarters, dividing her time among the company’s digital real estate assets.
- New York, Virginia taxpayers to cough up $3.4 billion for Amazon HQ2 November 16, 2018Earlier this week, Amazon announced its second headquarters, HQ2, will be split between New York City and Arlington, Virginia, a move that will cost local taxpayers about $3.4 billion. But will the boost it brings to the economies be worth it? Here’s what the experts are saying.
- Quicken Loans parent company Rock Holdings just bought Dictionary.com (really) November 16, 2018Rock Holdings, the parent company of Quicken Loans, is getting into the dictionary and thesaurus business. Literally. Rock Holdings announced this week that it acquired Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, websites that boast approximately 540 million pageviews per month. But why, one might ask? Read on.
- Redfin: Homes keep getting cheaper November 16, 2018In October, home-sale prices climbed 4.5%, however the percentage of listings that experienced a price drop of more than 1% reached an 8-year high, according to new data from Redfin. Redfin Chief Economist Daryl Fairweather said home sellers are realizing buyer demand isn’t what it used to be and are lowering their prices.
- Airbnb takes Boston to court over city’s “draconian” short-term rental rules November 16, 2018The city of Boston has new rules surrounding short-term rentals that are set to go into effect on Jan. 1, 2019. According to Airbnb, Boston’s short-term rental rules violate the Constitution, multiple federal laws, and Massachusetts state law. Airbnb also claims the city's rules threaten short-term rental sites with “draconian” punishments should they violate the […]
- Here’s what housing is going to do in the theme park capital of the world November 15, 2018The Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area lays claim to Theme Park Capital of the World and number one in job growth among the nation's large metros. So what's housing going to do there for the next year. Click through for your answer.
- Commercial brokers made more money than ever last year November 15, 2018Agents, brokers and appraisers working in commercial real estate made more money last year than ever before, despite the fact that tight inventories have slowed transactions. According to a survey by the National Association of Realtors, professionals working in the commercial real estate market last year raked in an average of $150,700 – about $30,000 […]
- Prominent senators begin bipartisan push to expand Fair Housing Act November 15, 2018This week, Sens. Tim Kaine, D-Virginia, and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, introduced the "Fair Housing Improvement Act of 2018," which would prohibit housing discrimination based on source of income or veteran status.
- HUD says Homebridge is the industry's top renovation mortgage lender, again November 14, 2018Amid inventory and affordability concerns, homeowners are increasingly turning to home renovations to meet their housing needs. While several lenders offer renovation mortgages, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has revealed that Homebridge Financial Services leads the pack for the second consecutive year.